Mattawan Athletic Boosters Board Member Introductions
- President – Paulette Pugh
- Vice President – Amy Coon
- Secretary – Amy Doxtater
- Treasurer – Shellie Nutter
- Director, Website & Social Media – Katie Schneider
Can you help fill these open roles?
- Sprit Wear Shop – Co-Coordinators
- Concessions – Co-Coordinators
- Golf Outing – Co-Chair & Committee Members
- Online Auction – Committee Members
- Athletes of the Month NEW – Co-Coordinators
Do you see a role that interests you? Email email@example.com for more information.
Concessions & Spirit Shop Volunteers
We need each team to have a volunteer to work the Concessions or Spirit Wear Shop during home games. Students and fans enjoy these amenities at games and they help raise funds for athletic programs.
- We ask each team to have a volunteer work one slot in each of the three seasons.
- If we don’t have volunteers for shifts then we cannot open these shops.
- The stores are usually kept open for the first half of each game, then parents can enjoy the rest of the game.
- A board member will be present to help get things opened up and provide some training.
- The Winter and Spring signups will be sent out when those schedules are finalized. There will lots of volunteer slots available during the Basketball season!
The Fall 2021 Concessions & Spirit Shop Signup Genius is now open: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f44afa82ca13-fall
Yard Sign Sales
Thank you to the coaches that sent out the information about the Mattawan Athletic Boosters Yard Sign Fundraiser! The sign orders are in process at the printer and we expect them to be in later this week. We will email you when the signs are in. They will be sorted and we will leave them in the athletic office for the coaches to pick up and pass out.
We will run this program again after tryouts in the Winter & Spring so athletes of all seasons can be celebrated.
Seelye PPP Car Program
The Seelye Auto Group is offering a program that benefits Mattawan families and the athletic boosters. Car buyers get discounted pricing and the Mattawan Athletic Boosters receive funding from this discount program.
- The Boosters need help with updating dates on the hanging banners. Chad Yager said that could be done.
- David, Football Coach asked if the sound system could be looked at for volume. Someone mentioned they could not hear the announcer. Chad Yager will look into it with our Tech department.
- A new “Athletes of the Month” program is in the works, co-coordinators are needed to head this exciting new program. Let us know if this interests you!
Mattawan Coaches Rock!
Thank you to all of the coaches that communicated our first meeting to their teams and had Parent Liaisons present. Each team and level (Middle School, Freshman JV, Varsity) needs a Parent Liaison to attend and pass on information learned at each Mattawan Athletic Booster Meeting to their team.
The following teams were represented at our meeting.
- Chad Yager, Athletic Director
- Alicia Smith, Coach, Softball
- Hilary Hogarth, Parent Liaison, Men’s Soccer
- Karen Cheng, Parent Liaison, Men’s Tennis
- Amanda Miller, Coach, Bowling
- Ann Ponicki, Coach, Women’s Soccer
- Lauren Campbell, Parent Liaison, Women’s Soccer
- Megan McCorry, Coach, Women’s Volleyball
- David Arrasmith- Coach, Football
- Dave Bradley, Coach, Men’s and Women’s Skiing
- Tonya Byers, Parent Liaison, Hockey
- Vinee Lloyd, Parent Liaison, Men’s Lacrosse
- Natalie Reamer, Coach, Women’s Swim
- Kristen Haines, Coach, Women’s Golf
- Chad Conklin, Coach, Women’s Basketball
- Troy Zimmerlee, Coach, Wrestling
- Victoria Patterson, Women’s Lacrosse
- Katie Schneider, Parent Liaison, Track and X country
If your team is not on the list above, please ask your team for a Parent Liaison.
Team Pictures & Links
With the addition of a web developer to our board, we’re excited to get our website updated and use social media to highlight the great things going on with Mattawan Athletics. Please send us a team picture and links to your website and/or social media profiles. We’ll get them added to the website to showcase your team.
If we’ve recently provided funding for your team, we’d love it if you sent us short blurb and pictures about the impact of the funding. We’re looking forward to sharing your team on the website and social media.
Please send information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for funding each athletic team needs to have a representative at 3 out of the 4 annual Mattawan Athletic Booster Meetings. Meetings will held via Zoom at 6pm, the Zoom link will be emailed out. Join our email list to receive meeting notifications.
- Sunday – December 5, 2021 @ 6pm via Zoom
- Sunday – February 20, 2021@ 6pm via Zoom
- Sunday – May 9, 2021 @ 6pm via Zoom