2021-2022 Mattawan Athletic Highlights
We are extremely proud of all of our athletic teams and their successful seasons.
This year saw 563 high school students participating in athletics, representing 48% of the high school student body. That is truly amazing! Corporate sponsorships, athlete yard sign sales, spirit wear, concessions and donations helped us fundraise the $58,360 distributed to Mattawan athletics.
During the 2021-2022 many athletes made Mattawan history with their athletic and academic accomplishments.
2021-2022 MATTAWAN ATHLETIC HIGHLIGHTS
- Wrestling – James Campbell – Regional Champion
- State Finalist Baseball – District Champions, Regional Champions
- Softball – District Champions, Regional Champions, State Semi-Finalist
- Women’s Tennis – 3rd Place State Tournament, Division 2. #1 Singles State Champion, Elizabeth Novak, #2 Singles State Champion, Romika Shokohi, and Miss Tennis for the State of Michigan, Elizabeth Novak (First Mattawan athlete of any sport awarded this honor!)
- Men’s Golf – 3rd Place Conference Tournament, 2nd Place Regional Tournament, 12th Place State Tournament, Matthew Novak 1st place SMAC tournament and 9th place State Tournament
- Women’s Basketball – District Champions
- Bowling – Charlie Johnson – District Champion
- Men’s Tennis – Conference Champions, Regional Champions
- 2 Academic All State Teams – Spring Incomplete
- 21 Academic All State Individuals – Spring Incomplete
- 2 Individual State Champions and 1 Finalist
- 1 Team 3rd Place in State
- 13 Individuals received All State honors – Spring incomplete 5 Teams Qualified and Competed at State
- 12 Individual State Qualifiers
- 4 Teams – Regional Champion Teams 3 Teams – District Champion Teams
- 2 SMAC League Champion Teams 1 Ski League Champion Team
Our goal is to continue to grow MAB support and provide even more resources to our athletic teams.
2022 Scholarship Winners
Mattawan Athletic Boosters Scholarship Winners 2022
We were inspired and reminded that the future is bright, while reading all of the scholarship applications we received this year. All of these Seniors looked to the future and stayed the course throughout the pandemic, all finding comfort and normalcy via athletics. We are beyond proud of all of the applicants and would like to congratulate Mitchell Clinard and Emily Reeves for being awarded the Mattawan Athletic Boosters Scholarships.
Thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters for making this scholarship possible.
We welcome and rely on donations from our Wildcat nation to support Mattawan athletes.
How to Donate:
Donation checks should be made out to Mattawan Athletic Boosters and mailed to:
Mattawan Athletic Boosters
PO Box 482
Mattawan, MI 49071
You may also pay via credit card using the links below:
Now Seeking Baskets for Our Spring 2022 Online Auction
Planning is underway for our 4th Annual Mattawan Athletic Booster Online Auction, our largest fundraiser of the year! As I am sure you are aware, we ask every team to donate a basket to the auction. This is a requirement in order to qualify for MAB funding. We have been able to help many teams this year with uniforms, hotel stays, and equipment. If you haven’t reached out to us and your team has a need, please visit our website (mattawanathleticboosters.org) and find the donation request form!
Here are the details for the 2022 Auction:
- The online auction will run March 6 – March 20, 2022.
- We are asking for all donations to be submitted by Feb. 25, 2022 .
- Teams have always done an awesome job creating high value, in demand baskets! The ski team takes the prize for earning the most money with the baskets they submitted last year – a South Haven getaway weekend and a “Winter Fun” Basket!
- If you have any questions or need ideas for creative basket ideas, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Some themes that have been popular: Date night packages (babysitter included), college and professional sports tickets, local restaurants, car service packages, beauty and spa services, chef dinners, and unique experiences (like a boat day, rental property getaway, etc.).
- If you drop your basket(s) off to the athletic office, make sure we know what team it is from.
- You can also coordinate with me for basket pick-up.
Thank you in advance for your support of MAB! We have more participation every year with this event and are hoping 2022 will be the best auction yet!
Our Online Auction Chair is seeking additional committee members – does this sound like something that interests you? Contact us for more information.
Personalized Yard Signs
Order Personalized Yard Signs for Middle School & High School Athletes
Celebrate your athlete and support Mattawan Athletics.
Signs are $50 each or 2 for $75.
*If you would like to order a sign for another sport in another season to take advantage of the savings, you can, but the sign will not be delivered until the sport is in season.
- Athlete name
- Number (optional)
Spring Sign Orders Due:
Monday, March 20, 2023
Concession Stand Volunteers Needed
Shop the Wildcat Wearhouse In-Person
The Wildcat Wearhouse Spirit Store is located within the High School near the main entrance. The Wearhouse carries general Mattawan spirit apparel for all ages and sizes.
The shop is open for most Home High School Volleyball, Basketball & Football games – visit the Mattawan Sport Schedules website for schedules.
We accept cash, check and credit cards.
Buy Unique Wildcat Gear AND Support Wildcat Athletics!
Select from Hundreds of Great Designs for Mens, Womens, Kids in the Mattawan Athletic Boosters Online Shop!
Customize by Sports, Activities, Colors and More.
T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pullovers, Shorts, Pants, Hats, Bags, Tumblers, Shoes and more
We would love to bring back our Fall Golf Outing!
Many community members have asked about our golf outing, but in order to put it on we need one more co-chair and some additional committee members & sponsors – if this is something that interests you please contact us.
Our corporate donor program has been wildly successful, and we are so grateful for your support!
Gold Sponsor – $1200
- 4×6 metal sign outdoor placement
- 3×5 vinyl banner indoor gymnasium placement
- MAB social media individual post with your company info
- MAB website advertisement with active link to your business
Blue Sponsor – $600
- 3×5 metal sign outdoor placement
- MAB social media individual post with your company info.
- MAB website advertisement with active link to your business.
Wildcat – Digital Sponsorship – *NEW*
- Your logo or ad will run throughout games on the football stadium digital scoreboard the gymnasium digital scoreboard. and the digital scoring table.
- Logos (or whatever design you submit) will be shown multiple times throughout each sporting event and each logo will flash for 5-10 seconds before moving to the next.
- $500 stand alone sponsorship or add to a blue or gold sponsorship for a discounted rate!
- Gold level – add on for $300; Blue level – add on for $400.
9/12/2021 Meeting Recap
Mattawan Athletic Boosters Board Member Introductions
- President – Paulette Pugh
- Vice President – Amy Coon
- Secretary – Amy Doxtater
- Treasurer – Shellie Nutter
- Director, Website & Social Media – Katie Schneider
Can you help fill these open roles?
- Sprit Wear Shop – Co-Coordinators
- Concessions – Co-Coordinators
- Golf Outing – Co-Chair & Committee Members
- Online Auction – Committee Members
- Athletes of the Month NEW – Co-Coordinators
Do you see a role that interests you? Email email@example.com for more information.
Concessions & Spirit Shop Volunteers
We need each team to have a volunteer to work the Concessions or Spirit Wear Shop during home games. Students and fans enjoy these amenities at games and they help raise funds for athletic programs.
- We ask each team to have a volunteer work one slot in each of the three seasons.
- If we don’t have volunteers for shifts then we cannot open these shops.
- The stores are usually kept open for the first half of each game, then parents can enjoy the rest of the game.
- A board member will be present to help get things opened up and provide some training.
- The Winter and Spring signups will be sent out when those schedules are finalized. There will lots of volunteer slots available during the Basketball season!
The Fall 2021 Concessions & Spirit Shop Signup Genius is now open: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f44afa82ca13-fall
Yard Sign Sales
Thank you to the coaches that sent out the information about the Mattawan Athletic Boosters Yard Sign Fundraiser! The sign orders are in process at the printer and we expect them to be in later this week. We will email you when the signs are in. They will be sorted and we will leave them in the athletic office for the coaches to pick up and pass out.
We will run this program again after tryouts in the Winter & Spring so athletes of all seasons can be celebrated.
Seelye PPP Car Program
The Seelye Auto Group is offering a program that benefits Mattawan families and the athletic boosters. Car buyers get discounted pricing and the Mattawan Athletic Boosters receive funding from this discount program.
Click here to see the flyer on our website.
- The Boosters need help with updating dates on the hanging banners. Chad Yager said that could be done.
- David, Football Coach asked if the sound system could be looked at for volume. Someone mentioned they could not hear the announcer. Chad Yager will look into it with our Tech department.
- A new “Athletes of the Month” program is in the works, co-coordinators are needed to head this exciting new program. Let us know if this interests you!
Mattawan Coaches Rock!
Thank you to all of the coaches that communicated our first meeting to their teams and had Parent Liaisons present. Each team and level (Middle School, Freshman JV, Varsity) needs a Parent Liaison to attend and pass on information learned at each Mattawan Athletic Booster Meeting to their team.
The following teams were represented at our meeting.
- Chad Yager, Athletic Director
- Alicia Smith, Coach, Softball
- Hilary Hogarth, Parent Liaison, Men’s Soccer
- Karen Cheng, Parent Liaison, Men’s Tennis
- Amanda Miller, Coach, Bowling
- Ann Ponicki, Coach, Women’s Soccer
- Lauren Campbell, Parent Liaison, Women’s Soccer
- Megan McCorry, Coach, Women’s Volleyball
- David Arrasmith- Coach, Football
- Dave Bradley, Coach, Men’s and Women’s Skiing
- Tonya Byers, Parent Liaison, Hockey
- Vinee Lloyd, Parent Liaison, Men’s Lacrosse
- Natalie Reamer, Coach, Women’s Swim
- Kristen Haines, Coach, Women’s Golf
- Chad Conklin, Coach, Women’s Basketball
- Troy Zimmerlee, Coach, Wrestling
- Victoria Patterson, Women’s Lacrosse
- Katie Schneider, Parent Liaison, Track and X country
If your team is not on the list above, please ask your team for a Parent Liaison.
Team Pictures & Links
With the addition of a web developer to our board, we’re excited to get our website updated and use social media to highlight the great things going on with Mattawan Athletics. Please send us a team picture and links to your website and/or social media profiles. We’ll get them added to the website to showcase your team.
If we’ve recently provided funding for your team, we’d love it if you sent us short blurb and pictures about the impact of the funding. We’re looking forward to sharing your team on the website and social media.
Please send information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for funding each athletic team needs to have a representative at 3 out of the 4 annual Mattawan Athletic Booster Meetings. Meetings will held via Zoom at 6pm, the Zoom link will be emailed out. Join our email list to receive meeting notifications.
- Sunday – December 5, 2021 @ 6pm via Zoom
- Sunday – February 20, 2021@ 6pm via Zoom
- Sunday – May 9, 2021 @ 6pm via Zoom
Did Someone Forward This Email to You? Join Our Mailing List