We are extremely proud of all of our athletic teams and their successful seasons.
This year saw 563 high school students participating in athletics, representing 48% of the high school student body. That is truly amazing! Corporate sponsorships, athlete yard sign sales, spirit wear, concessions and donations helped us fundraise the $58,360 distributed to Mattawan athletics.
During the 2021-2022 many athletes made Mattawan history with their athletic and academic accomplishments.
2021-2022 MATTAWAN ATHLETIC HIGHLIGHTS
- Wrestling – James Campbell – Regional Champion
- State Finalist Baseball – District Champions, Regional Champions
- Softball – District Champions, Regional Champions, State Semi-Finalist
- Women’s Tennis – 3rd Place State Tournament, Division 2. #1 Singles State Champion, Elizabeth Novak, #2 Singles State Champion, Romika Shokohi, and Miss Tennis for the State of Michigan, Elizabeth Novak (First Mattawan athlete of any sport awarded this honor!)
- Men’s Golf – 3rd Place Conference Tournament, 2nd Place Regional Tournament, 12th Place State Tournament, Matthew Novak 1st place SMAC tournament and 9th place State Tournament
- Women’s Basketball – District Champions
- Bowling – Charlie Johnson – District Champion
- Men’s Tennis – Conference Champions, Regional Champions
- 2 Academic All State Teams – Spring Incomplete
- 21 Academic All State Individuals – Spring Incomplete
- 2 Individual State Champions and 1 Finalist
- 1 Team 3rd Place in State
- 13 Individuals received All State honors – Spring incomplete 5 Teams Qualified and Competed at State
- 12 Individual State Qualifiers
- 4 Teams – Regional Champion Teams 3 Teams – District Champion Teams
- 2 SMAC League Champion Teams 1 Ski League Champion Team
Our goal is to continue to grow MAB support and provide even more resources to our athletic teams.